Tuesday 17 January 2017

Standard Bearer/Flagger

Here's a standard bearer made from an EM4 orc with spear. I'll be using the EM4 plastics for as much of my infantry as I can. They're incredibly cheap at 16 pence each, and I like the way they look: long-armed and bow legged, just as Tolkien described!



The banner itself is made from a sort of leather paper- the stuff that the patch on the back of a pair of Levis is made from. I had an old Muji notebook cover made from it. Works nicely as a roughly made hide banner.

I used Rustoleum Surface Primer in oxide red to prime and undercoat, picked out details in a few other colours and then added Strong Tone Quickshade dip with a brush. Nice and quick. I'll do a full paint list and basing recipe when I do a regiment.

KAZRAG, Orc Flagger

UNIT SZ   SP   ME   RA   DE   AT   NE   PTS
   1      5    4+   --   4+   1   9/11  50

SPECIAL: Hero (inf), Base Size (25x25), Crushing Strength(1), Individual, Inspiring

Kazrag holds aloft the tattered hide displaying Nathrak's sigil, the Great Eye. The pole is topped by the helm, and within it the head, of Sir Borrick of Kess, decapitated by Nathrak himself at the Battle of the Greywash.

No comments:

Post a Comment